Monday, August 25, 2014

Interesting Day

So..today was an interesting one.

This morning I woke up and got ready for a job interview. I woke Lewie up and told him that I needed him to be awake because I was running a bit behind and once I went in to the room to change Emalynn would wake up and want breakfast. He quickly got up and took care of her while I was getting ready.

I left the house and headed to my interview, which went great! I was told that I am the top candidate for the position and should hear from them by the end of this week. The position I interviewed for is a staffing coordinator for a job placement agency. Should I get the job I'll be leading a team of people who are working with unemployed Oklahoman's to help find them a job, whether it be temporary or permanent. I will also be working with those people to interview and counsel them in their job hunt. On top of that, I'll be working with employers who are looking for employees to find out what types of candidates they need and negotiating pay rates. The manager I interviewed with was great and assured me that any experience I need will be gained while on the job. She seemed very confident in my ability, which helped to ease some of my nerves.

I left my interview and dropped off some paperwork at another office in Oklahoma City, did my best to not get lost on Oklahoma highways, then stopped at a day care to find out the prices as Emalynn could really use some more structure in her life and more children her age. My errands were done and I headed home.

This is where things get more interesting.

I walked into the house and noticed Lewis was asleep on the couch. It was a bit early for Emalynn's nap so I started looking around for her. I walked into the kitchen and found Emalynn sitting in the sink, trying to do dishes. By this time Lewis had woken up. After looking around a bit more, I noticed a bunch of pills that were on the floor and all over the counter top. Emalynn had gotten into a bottle of Vitamin D pills and some other vitamin's that Michelle has. Emalynn seemed fine, wasn't acting strange or anything, but I was concerned still about her ingesting some of these pills. Not sure what to do, I called mom who told me to call Poison Control since neither of us were sure if this was something that I needed to take her to the hospital for or something that would harm her. The gentleman I spoke with told me that the Vitamin D wasn't necessarily toxic unless she had taken a large amount or if she was taking a lot over an extended period of time. He gave me his direct line and told me if I noticed any reactions, like vomiting or diarrhea to give him a call. About 20 minutes later she began to vomit, and I could see some of the Vitamin D pills that were not fully dissolved. Anyhow, to make an already long story short, I was told to have her drink a lot of water and she should be fine, unless the vomiting kept up or she started acting lethargic. She hasn't vomited in a few hours and she is still my very active toddler.

Apparently her and Lewie laid down on the couch and when she fell asleep he did too and he didn't notice her get up. I think he was more shook up than I was over the incident. I told him that it was okay, we all have fallen asleep when we shouldn't have and that we should just be thankful that this time nothing too serious happened. He's now extra okay with me looking into local daycare's once I start working regularly. Haha.

So..that was my day. I hope everyone else had a much less eventful day than mine.

Miss and love you all very much!

3 comments:

  1. OH MY!!! She is such a busy little girl!! And poor Lewis! I had some girls I was babysitting turn their dresser over after trying to climb it like a ladder....all while I was in the other room getting lunch ready. So glad she wasn't seriously hurt. And good girl for washing up the dishes! Grammy trained her right!! LOL

    Praying you get an answer soon about your job interviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like she wanted to go swimming and do dishes at the same time! Javonna ate a bunch of diuretics when she was a toddler. They can do these things so fast. Lewis, you are a now member of the club.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad she is okay! Those little ones are quick and sneaky. I remember Camille eating rat poison at Granny & Papa's when she was little. Another time when Craig was around Em's age he ate part of a bottle of baby Tylenol.

    ReplyDelete