Thursday, August 28, 2014

Education Update.....

I'm not sure all of you know but I've taken the plunge and am actively attending college.  Not full time, of course, I do have a job to take care of, but I am enrolled in Comp I and Pre-Algebra at Tulsa Community College.  At this rate I hope to have a degree by the time I'm 55.  LOL.  I do have a few credits from prior attempts so I'm not completely starting from scratch.  I've always wanted to attend college but other things justly took priority in my life.

My Pre-Algebra class doesn't begin until mid-September.  I'm knee-deep into Comp I.  We meet on Wednesday evenings from 7:00 - 9:50.  I am by far the oldest person in the class, including the Professor.  She appears to be slightly older than Camille. Over half of the class are concurrent High School students and aren't even 18 yet.  I am enjoying the class so far.  We have our first group writing project next week.  The group I'm in have been assigned "Star Wars".  The topics available were all pop culture.  Did I mention I like this class?

I spent most of the first of the week reading the assigned 5 chapters of an extremely boring Little Brown Handbook during my lunches and in the evening.  I got up at 5:30 am yesterday and finished the assignment.  Later in the morning I reviewed the syllabus to discover those 5 chapters were due by NEXT Wednesday.  Better early than late I guess.

Wish me luck!!!
Javonna

5 comments:

  1. And for you whipper-snappers who think I'm on the verge of 55....that is 8 years from now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!!! When I went back to retrain in the Air Force I was 6-8 years older than the majority of my class....they considered me ANCIENT!!! lol I bet you are having a ball with it though. And Star Wars!!! What better topic to have for your group paper! You will be the only one in the class to have seen it first run in the theater!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, they were all talking about the first time they saw the Lord of the Ring's movies and I told them that I READ the books in 1981. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the post, and I am so glad your are doing the college thing. No matter how late in life it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so proud of you (:

    Love you so very much.

    ReplyDelete