Wednesday, August 27, 2014

DAY TRIP!

Yesterday I finally got a day off of work and Clinton and I decided to do a day trip and head up the Coastal Bend and visit Goose Island State Park just outside of Rockport, TX.  I'm not the very best at remembering to take pictures.  But the trees in the park were so BEAUTIFUL!!!  I made Clinton slow down so I could take a pic as we drove through some LOL






























Trees may not be such a big deal to many of you, but after living in New Mexico for 12 years and then right on the coast line with only a handful of palm trees for the past year, I really like seeing them in clumps!!!

The park is right off of Copano Bay with a really nice pier to fish off of.  We took a quick walk and noticed that the tide was out and the water was REALLY LOW.  You could see the oyster beds along the bottom, also were many jellyfish.  Decided I would take a pic of that too.



Last but not least, we took the ferry at Port Aransas and had to take a picture of the oil tanker going by.  Hope you enjoy the pictures of our day....sorry there are none of our cheesy mugs.  Maybe next time!!!


5 comments:

  1. I love the pictures. I know what you mean about the trees! Palm tree are pretty, but not the same. I am glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe if there were a LOT of palm trees....but they are scattered out. I could do it if it was a FOREST of palms haha

      Delete
  2. It looks like a beautiful place! It looks like you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's really beautiful there!!! Maybe Clinton will get a job there and we can move North....even if it's only 30 miles lol

      Delete
  3. The pictures are great! You have such a good eye for capturing the perfect shots.

    ReplyDelete